Monday, May 3, 2010

Little things

Whew. It's Monday, we leave at a crazy early hour on Saturday. I'm almost down to counting hours, not just days.

I'm finding myself thinking a lot about little things. The little things to pack, the cancel, to order. Still needing to download travel guides, get the last minute to-do lists for the boy--and yes, he'll always be "the boy" even though he is an adult. Putting the last minute music and audio books on my iPod. Wanting to go to all of my favorite restaurants before Friday. Do we download a couple of iTunes movies just for the comfort factor at night? And, what do we pick? Can I get one more CD on my iPod--how can I not put Yo-Yo Ma & The Silk Road Ensemble on there?I have this image of being on the 27 hour train ride across the China countryside listening to that. And where do I find the time to do all of this!

But I'm also thinking about the little things about my everyday life. Lounging in bed Sunday morning listening to the dove cooing--realizing that it was the last time for two months that I was going to get to do that. Watching the Spurs in a second round playoff, knowing that I probably won't get to see them take the title again this year (ever the optimist!). Reading cooking magazines, listening to jazz CDs and taking a bath. Cooking. Sunday breakfast tacos. Even having our "Walton family" goodnight moments at the office (Goodnight, Marsha. Goodnight, Tim.) I'm already missing the dogs and having Bailey "ask" me for chew chips at night. Not really missing the cat yet. Sorry, Jackie.--Rob (starting the sign the posts, so you'll know if it's me or Tom)

1 comment:

  1. I think one of the best rewards of a trip away from home is the appreciation I gain for my everyday life. It sounds like you have a head start.

    ReplyDelete